>Dear FMLers and CA UPDATE Folks,

>Effective immediately I am resigning my position as Legislative Director
>of the California Domestic Ferret Association....
 -snip-

Besides the lobbying efforts (which we appreciate) one of the main things we
as Califerters liked about CDFA was the emergency "get the fuzzies to an
out-of-state shelter/dropoff" service in case of a run-in with the Gestapo.

Is the CDFA still going to be a source for that service?  William Phillips
of Santa Rosa was also a licenced "wild animal shelter" who could help in
emergencies...is he still in that biz?  Is your new org able to help in such
cases?  All Califerters need to know *before* a close encounter of the
jerk-with-a-badge type...thank you.  Jeanne, if you can't answer about
CDFA's current status, perhaps someone current with CDFA could?
[Posted in FML issue 1719]