My little ones love both ferretone and "dog" linatone.  In my experience,
there isn't any difference between the "dog" version and the "ferret"
version, they are both just very heavy, vitamin-fortified oils which should
be given only in moderation.  Both types have yielded glossier fur, shinier
eyes, and all those other things a high oil diet does for a ferret
(including a touch of constipation).  Both versions have the same strong
odor, too - the only difference seems to be the animal pictured on the
package.

If you could stand the taste, you too could probably get a glossier pelt by
drinking the stuff (it's mostly fish oils - yummy!). I've never bought the
"cat" version - but I did have two cats turn up their flat little noses at
the "dog" version, so maybe there is a difference. Go figure....

Gwen
[Posted in FML issue 1641]