I was surprised to learn, while reading an article in Prevention reporting
foods that promote tooth cavity, that banana & raisins, being sticky foods,
are considered highly cariogenic.  They have the ability to cause cavities
more than sugar or chocolate bars.  Source: Yun Lee "Your Healthy Smile"
Prevention (October 1995) p. 52

Since then I reduced a little bit the amount of banana & raisins and I give
them bits of milkbone aftwerwards.  I am trying to find a sweet treat that
all the gang loves but there is always 1 or 2 ferrets that do not like the
canned or fresh fruit that we tried as a substitute.

Lorraine and the 6 cariogenic treats addicts
[Posted in FML issue 1560]