This weekend, while at my parents house, we tried to clean one of the dogs
teeth (remove the tartar) with a dental-scraper-pick looking thing that
they sell in pet supply catalogs. We did a half way decent job, if I do say
so myself.

It got me wondering, though. Some of my critters have tartar, which I'm
assuming is the same stuff - so can it be removed the same way? The pick
thing seems a little too big for their teeth - would I need a different
tool? Is there a specific technique? And most importantly ... is this a
possibility at all?

Thanks in advance!
Andi
[Posted in FML issue 1256]