Dear Kevin and Casper,

I'm not sure of the other things that you noticed, but Oakey and Mojo
both shiver alot when you pick them up while they're napping.  I think
that they are just warm and cozy in their nap-place and take a minute
to readjust.

As far as the nose nipping thing (ouch!), I know that there have been
countless times when our ferrets, especially Mojo, have licked Ferretone
or just bare skin, and chomped where they were licking.  I don't think
this is aggressive behaviour at all, esp.  since he was licking your face
really contentedly moments before...  our ferrets do the same thing to
eachother all the time.  I think that Casper needs to learn that your
skin isn't as tough as a fuzzie's and he needs to be more careful.

Oakey learned this easily, and Mojo is working on it...  I think that
the key is that Casper needs to learn about you, and you need to learn
what's ok for him.  I still won't put Mojo near my face, not until I'm
comfortable with him near my bare hands, arms, and legs.  Mojo used to
love to dive at toes.  I wouldn't worry about it too much... If he
was abused, Casper just needs that much more love and playing... good
luck.

Kim and Scott, Oakey and Mojo
[Posted in FML issue 1126]