Hi all!
Weehawk, and his new friend Silk, both love red wine, and have to be
watched whenever we have wine with dinner, cause they have been
sneaking up on the glasses and pouncing!  (very similar to the coke
attackes that Kevin described :) )  They also do not like any meat
that I have tried to give them as a snack, but they really like the
fake sausage made by Morning star farms.  It is made of texturized
veggie protein with flavor added, and they will both steal these from
my plate if I am not careful!  So far they have liked any and all
veggies and fruits we have tried, although the current favorite is
blue corn chips.
Our local pet shop had a picture day to benefit the humane society,
and while Weehawk and I were at the shop he picked out his Christmas
present!  I had let him down (on leash) on the floor and he charged a
cage of rabbits and utterly terrified the poor beasties, and so when
we got home we had to tell daddy that we saw the most delicious
Christmas present for small woozle!  Unfortunately I don't think Santa
would approve :)
The platform for the pictures had a poinsettia and a small stuffed
Santa on it, and much to the photographers embarrassment weehawk
alternated between digging in the plant, and chewing on Santa's
crotch.  When I finally got the pictures back, the best one was of him
biting Santas nose!  Such impertinence ;)
With the arrival of snow this weekend, I took both Weehawk and Silk
outside to see the white stuff, and while Silk ran around with her
nose under the snow, Weehawk ran along the edge of the building on the
narrow grassy strip trying to keep dry, except that the drips from the
gutter kept hitting him, and with every drip there was a leap and then
a pause while he tried to figure out how I was getting him wet from 5
feet away!  After exploring the yard, they moved into the garden, and
finally both settled on burrowing in my thyme patch, so when I had to
take them in, I found that I had the best smelling ferrets ever!
I will report of further snow adventures whenever we actually get out
of the yard, and off for a real walk :)
And one short question, does anyone else find that their ferrets
prefer certain people?  Does this wear off with familiarity?  We just
got Silk, and at the moment Weehawk pouts when David(my husband) takes
him for walks and I have Silk, Weehawk is much happier if he gets me
and Silk gets David.  The other day he refused to come out for David
at all, so it seems as if we have each been claimed, do you think they
will eventually like both of us?
Krystal, the large coat wearer,
Weehawk and Silk, who have decided that ferret battles in my coat are
the best!  Ouch!

QUIT
[Posted in FML issue 1042]