I've pulled several ferrets back from the edge of
dehydration/starvation, and I've never heard of "refeeding syndrome".

My protocol is to give fluids until they're well hydrated, and offer a
high-calorie soup made from cooking whole chickens, including all fat,
organs, etc.

I will also usually inject .5CC of injectable vitamin B complex into
the pocket where I've given fluids, at least the first time. It helps
kick-start the appetite and make them feel better.

To see one ferret that has done well on this protocol, see the pictures
of Angelo on my shelter's website:
http://www.washingtonferret.org/support.htm

Kevin Farlee
President