Dear Ferret Folks-

Thank you for your replies describing your observation of honeybee
populations in your area. With the exception of a few spots in the
midwest, the FML member experience is an unhappy one where honeybees
are concerned. They have virtually disappeared in state after state.
I don't know what this bodes for the future, but as someone who
appreciates the astonishing complexity of the insect world, and how it
impacts ours... I confess to being deeply worried. The honeybee is an
ancient, sturdy, effective design--not some fancy mammalian newcomer.
It's been around a long time without needing or exhibiting any major
changes. This is major. And worrisome.

Alexandra in MA
(Bzzzz!)

[... and the discussion can continue OFF list, please ;-) BIG]

[Posted in FML 6786]