Very interesting! The literature labels ferrets and other mustelids
as 'obligate carnivores' but it appears they can survive just fine as
omnivores, as the ferrets have in your care. I respect your methods. In
fact, I wish I had the self-discipline to eat what my Rascal eats. But
I don't eat mammals. We have differing tastes in food, I suppose. It is
interesting though, that when I do offer him chicken (raw and cooked
have both been offered), or any type of deli meat, he has no interest
whatsoever. He does, on the other hand, LOVE a lap of raspberry yogurt
or a raisin to add variety to his diet. I wonder if he would be an
omnivore, if he had the choice? Based on your experience, seems like
it doesn't hurt them.

Melanie

[Posted in FML 6289]