Hi List readers,

In regard for the turkey for human consumption my understanding is that
MOST turkeys sold in food stores for human consumption are injected or
treated with a saline solution ( chickens too0 have you noticed the
difference i taste over the past years? I certainly have and wil
usually sock these poultry choices in cold water to draw the salt out
before cooking.

The food processing plants do this to insure moisture and as a
preservative for warehousing and shipping. The saline ( salt) solution
is not good for any pets as it will cause renal issues.

That , I believe is why human consumption poultry is on the cautionary
lists of the ASPCA. The solution is to buy the Turkey fresh from a
butcher w/o the saline processing.

Alicia, shelter Mom
www.ferretwise.org

[Posted in FML 6199]