There is an old law on the books that prohibits ferrets but no one is
interested in enforcing it. Unfortunately, no one is interested in
changing it. You can get a special dispensation to have ferrets by
calling the head of Animal Control. I don't have her information with
me at work but you can contact me and I will send it to you. I adopt
many ferrets to DC residents and ask them to contact that lady and get
the dispensation...just in case someone wants to make a fuss about the
ferrets.

Hope this Helps
Robin
FerretsFirst Rescue and Placement of NoVA

[Posted in FML 6042]