Flagyl, and Metronidazole, can't remember which is the generic brand,
both taste absolutely awful. By chance our vet was out of the normal
Metronidazole once and offered the injectible form as a substitute to
be taken orally. This has hardly any taste and can be mixed with almost
anything and the ferrets take it without any problem. I have put it
into canned AD along with the amoxy and the ferret eats it up without
any problem. I never worry now when I have to use this with my
ferrets!! However, some vets don't stock the injectible form, so that
could be an issue. Good luck!!

Trudy Jo Wallach

[Posted in FML 5999]