I got to hold a badger, (ferret's big bad relative) yesterday.  Well, it
was dead, killed on the highway.  But not mashed or bloody.  I just had
to stop and look at it.  I rolled him off the shoulder and down in the
grass.  Maybe some vultures will dare come down and recycle him.  The
body was getting pretty bad.  But it was very interesting to actually
touch the fur.  It is very coarse and wiry.

This is the second one I've seen here.  The other a few months ago was
right where a new housing development was going in and the badger lost
IT'S home.

Carol Owens,
Tucson AZ
[Posted in FML issue 5344]