yes, I've had a spayed female, Sylvia, who thought her toys needed food.
She took four of them, made a soft nest under a dresser from my son's
soccer shorts and proceeded to bring them food.  One time I caught her
stealing a pkg of hot dogs and laying them in the nest with the "babies"
When my son needed his shorts I dared to disturb the nest and she moved
them again.  I didn't find them until after she died.  She had placed
them under the space where the baseboard didn't quite meet the sink and
there was a pile of kibble around them.  I always thought she would have
made a good mother.

Laurel
[Posted in FML issue 5241]