After a long absence, I've returned to the ferret list.  Let's see...
hobbies are watercolor painting, writing (I have two novels, a
screenplay, and working on a third novel.), riding horses (English),
gardening.  I have, as pets, a hamster, and two guinea pigs.  As I am
slightly allergic to my piggie babies (Wheezing after I cuddle them,
itching etc.  I love those piggies!  I'm not giving them up, but won't
get another set of pigs when they die.), I have decided to get a ferret.
My question is about the smell.  How can I control the ferret odor and
what is involved in getting their scent glands removed?  Roughly how
much would that be as well?  Ferrets run from $100 to $180 each here
and I'd only be able to get one.  I'd rather get two so they won't be
lonely, but will they be ok if there is only one of them?

I met the most sweet ferret at the vet's office after taking my piggie
there for her check-up.  It had surgery for a tumor and was nearly bald
but had some nice peach fuzz fur growing back.  He was so friendly and
was licking my fingers and tried to crawl into my coat sleeve:-).  I fell
in ferret-love:) what can I say?:) How did the folks of this list come to
get ferrets?  I look forward to participating in the list.:)

*******
Selena Simonetti