Hi all,
Just wanted to share my "shower ferret" story.

My little adrenal girl Diamond (died 8/02) would always wake up with us
in the morning and follow my fiance Geoff around the house, dooking all
the way.  After Geoff had showered I would often find Diamond in the
stall frantically sniffing the corners, licking the water droplets, and
wardancing around like the wild weasel she was.  It was quite a sight!

One morning we were both running late, and I had to take a shower right
after Geoff finished.  I walked into the bathroom and saw Diamond in the
shower stall, doing her usual shower licking/dancing routine.  I told
Diamond it was "my turn!" and placed her outside the shower stall,
hoping she'd find some other distraction.

Nope...It seemed that I had interrupted Diamond's shower time, and she
was quite peeved.  She would have her revenge...I deposited her on the
bathroom floor, closed the bifold shower door...and felt a pair of
scratchy little paws on my foot.  I looked down and saw Diamond standing
with her two front paws on my foot, glaring up at me as if to say, "HOW
DARE YOU???!!!".  I laughed, opened the shower door and put her back out.
However, while I was struggling to close the shower door (creaky old
piece of crap that it is), Diamond sneaked back in and resumed her shower
patrol.

By then I was utterly exasperated, and decided that I would find her a
distraction in another part of the house so I could shower in peace.  I
grabbed her out of the shower, put her on the living room sofa, threw a
blanket over her, and ran like crazy back to the shower stall.  She
snaked out from under the blanket, slid off the sofa, and was racing
after me in two seconds flat.  As I was again back in the shower &
wrestling with the door (wishing I had a can of WD-40 handy)(for the
door, not the ferret), she slipped back in.

I decided at this point that come hell, high water, or impudent weasels,
I was going to have my shower.  As Diamond was having a sip of used
shower water (mmmmm, make mine a double!) I finally just turned on the
water & gave her the shock of her life.  She just stood there looking
stunned as nice warm shower water pummeled her all over.  She suddenly
decided that the shower wasn't the most happening place to be after all,
and tried frantically to get out.  I decided to then get MY revenge.

I picked her up off the floor of the shower and squirted a giant dollop
of coconut-scented shampoo onto her shoulders.  She was fascinated by the
smell.  I proceeded to shampoo what little was left of her fur (probably
shampooing most of it off :-P), and then let her run amok in the shower
as she discovered how much fun she could have splashing around.  After
she got tired of playing in the crashing streams of water, she "asked"
to be picked up and held.  I obliged her and held her up to the shower
head, giving her a back massage she obviously enjoyed.

Once I was done showering, I grabbed a warm towel out of the dryer and
swaddled Diamond in it.  She was quite content.  I left for work and
returned that evening to all of the weasels out playing, except for
little coconut & corn chips smelling Diamond - she was asleep on Geoff's
side of the bed with her head on the pillow, her body under the blankets
& her little paws resting on top of the blankets, just like a person.

Thanks for reading, if you've made it this far; Diamond has been gone
for over a year now, and it's nice to reminisce over her weird little
idiosyncracies.  Each one of these weasels is so unique, no?

Jess

Jessica L. Manson
Whimsy Creative Photography!
28 Stafford St.