This may have been mentioned before on the FML, but after reading the
Harry Potter books all over for the third time (I am really bored over
the summer) I noticed that J.K.  Rowling uses ferrets in the series quite
a lot.  Before when I read the books the other times I hadn't yet become
so consumed with ferrets so I didn't really notice.

*In the second book, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, when Mr.
Weasley speaks of his day at work to his family, he mentions that there
was a group of some very odd ferrets but thankfully that wasn't in his
department.

*In the third book, H.P. and the Prisoner of Azkaban, there is mention
of Hagrid feeding his hippogriff, Buckbeak, a large pile of dead ferrets
(<this made me sad).

*In the fourth book, H.P. and the Goblet of Fire, Professor "Mad Eye"
Moody turns Malfoy into a "pure white" ferret and bounces him off the
floor as punishment for trying to attack Harry with his back turned.

Throughout all 4 of the books, Rowling used the term ferreting offten as
well.  I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this.  Maybe Rowling
has a passion for ferrets as well and she just wanted to add them here
and there in her books.

***My condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled ferts.

Luv and hugs,
Melinda
[Posted in FML issue 3852]