Hello!  Im sorry to hear about Chloe's disappearance...our little girl,
Hope, recently got out and almost got outside but scampered under the
stove as soon as we saw her (which I think may have been WORSE than the
outdoors).  Anyway- she is micro-chipped.  We adopted her from a local
shelter and they do it as a "before they are adopted" thing, along with
spay/neuter, and descenting.  We are going to get our little boy, Kodi,
micro-chipped also, during his next trip to the vet.  It shouldnt be very
expensive, but even if it is, it is definitely worth it.  I work at a
vet clinic, and they scan every stray for a micro-chip automatically.
Shelters that have the equiptment do the same.  So, to make a long story
short...they are worth it in the long run.  I definitely give it a thumbs
up. :)  Good luck with finding Chloe...she and your family are in our
hearts and prayers.

~*~ Barbara, Kodi (the love bug), and Hope (the devil in an angel
    suit) :0) ~*~
[Posted in FML issue 3785]