Hi, everyone,

I'm afraid our business isn't the most encouraging.  We've had 10 ferrets,
nine of which are still alive.  From oldest to youngest, here are their
medical histories:

-Kodo - 7= year old male - perfectly healthy so far

-Podo - 7= year old male - adrenal surgery scheduled for next Tuesday.
 Otherwise healthy.

-Tenchi - 4 year old male - perfectly healthy so far

-Adric - 4 year old male - no major health problems

-Ker Avon - 4 year old male - left adrenal surgery at age 1=, healthy
 since then

-Nyssa - almost 4 year old female - blockage at age 4 mos.,
 left adrenal surgery at age 3= (carcinoma), fully recovered

-Lady Ayeka - almost 4 year old female - insulinoma, currently on
 pediapred 0.04ml/day

-Pertwee - 3= year old male - left adrenal surgery at age 1, right adrenal
 surgery at age 1= (both carcinomas), polycystic disease limited to the
 right kidney (very rare), nephrectomy just before age 2, currently
 suffering from a not fully explained weight loss, quite possibly
 lymphosarcoma in his intestine.  We're trying to get him stronger
 before doing a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.  Current medications:
 fludrocortisone .17ml (0.03mg/ml) 2x day, pediapred .1ml 2x day,
 dexamethasone .2ml (0.5ng/ml) 2x day, < tsp viokase mixed into his
 chicken gravy 2-3x day.

-Romana - 3= year old female - left adrenal tumor removed at age 3,
 currently has swollen vulva, possible second adrenal surgery in the
 near future

We also miss:

Ryo-Ohki - female - surgery to correct an abscessed anal gland (botched
descenting) at age 1, left adrenal surgery at age 3, right adrenal surgery
also at age 3= (both carcinomas).  She was one of those very rare cases
where metastasis took place and spread pretty much everywhere.  We had to
put her down at age 3=.  She would have been four next month.

7 out of 10 have had major health problems, six of those by age four.

All the best,
Caity and the notorious nine
[Posted in FML issue 3743]