Our local petco takes very good care of their ferrets.  we have gotten
three of eight of our ferrets from them, and all have been happy, healthy
babies.  I think it depends greatly on the individual store.  Every time
I have been to our local Petco, the babies have food, toys,litter boxes,
hammies,treats, the works!  They are kept in a huge cage, and I have never
seen the cage dirty or smelly.  I have also been to other Petcos where
the animals weren't treated as well.  I don't think that it is the company
as a whole, I think it has more to do with the manger of the specific
store who is to blame.  I just wish that there were stricter regulations
enforced on pet stores, and breeders!

 :-)
 Von
[Posted in FML issue 3722]