Leslie wrote about the difficulties of bringing wood pellets home without
an auto, and feeling she was of insufficient size to handle the weight of
the sack.

Forty pounds is 4 10 pound sacks of flour or sugar.  It's not all that
much and a persons stature is not a determining factor in carrying 40
pounds.  But the sack IS awkward, and manuvering thru the isles of public
transportation clutching 40 pounds would be difficult for most people.

However - the sack will fit on one of those small suitcase pulling
devices.  I'm sure they have a 'real' name, but it escapes me at the
moment.  Small platform that flops down, bungie straps to secure stuff, a
handle that comes out of the frame.  Set a box on the platform and rest
the end of the sack in it before strapping it down.  If someone doesn't
have one of these already, they are a great investment, and run from $10
to $20.  They are wonderful for taking several cages somewhere.

Another item of note - Home Depot's now offer rental trucks.  For those
whose cars won't hold more than a couple of sacks at a time, you can now
make a larger purchase by renting the pick-up right at the store.

Wow, it's stove pellet season again in the stores, and I managed to get
through the whole summer without running out and going into panic mode.
On the downside, my driving a car all summer with 10 sacks of pellets in
the back and on the seats has probably done wonders for my gas mileage!

Georgia - the left coast one...
[Posted in FML issue 3556]