Dear X:

Cholodin is a dietary supplement with the following ingredients:

Phosphatidylcholine (from soy lecithin), choline (as chloride), dl-
methionine, inositol, zinc (as oxide), niacinamide, vitamin E, thiamine
(mononitrate), riboflavin, pyridoxine (HCl), selenium (sodium selenite),
vitamin B12 (cobalamin concentrate), and dexpanthenol.  Formulated with
a flavor base.

Unfortunately, without more information on George's liver enzymes, I am
unable to confirm the possibility of liver failure.  While this supplement
is not harmful, I do not see anything in it which would reverse liver
failure.  Elevated liver enzymes are a common finding in ferrets who are
not eating well, and may be misinterpreted to represent primary liver
disease.  I would be hesitant in ascribing miraculous actions to this
particular formulation - I would much rather ascribe them to your
wonderful nursing care.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM
[Posted in FML issue 3481]