Charleen was mentioning stray ferrets.  Please remember to have strays
checked for microchips by your vet or by animal control when they are
released to you.  Shelters routinely check dogs/cats for microchips, but
it's not yet a routine for ferrets.

We 'chip most of the ferrets who come through our shelter.  Thursday we
reunited a stray ferret with his person because of a microchip.  That
particular ferret had gotten out of his house about a year ago, and we
microchiped him for his owner.  Now five years old, the ferret once again
left home and was once again able to find his person because of a
microchip.

We had a ferret stolen from our shelter and were able to identify and
retrieve him because of his microchip.

There's not yet a huge percentage, but we have found microchips in several
stray ferrets.  It's something that I think would reunite more lost ferrets
with their owners.  Consider microchiping your family of ferts today! :-)

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
House Rabbit Society
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125