Debbi,

It's entirely possible that you're allergic to your ferrets.  Many of
those symptoms could indicate asthma.  (Breathing difficulty, dizziness,
fatigue).  You don't have to wheeze to have asthma.  I became a ferret
owner because I'm severely allergic to cats.  When I have an asthma attack,
I get those symptoms.

I'm not as allergic to my ferrets, but I notice it if I go to a ferret
shelther or show and stay longer than 30 minutes.  I also noticed that
it gets bad when I bathe them.  (I've stopped doing that!)I have 4 ferrets
and after adding each one I had an adjustment period.  That's one reason
I've stopped at 4.

Do you feel the symptoms when you're away from home for a period.  For
example, are you working or in class for most of the day?  Maybe you
could board the ferrets for a week and see if you notice any difference.

I hope this helps.

Jeannette
[Posted in FML issue 3154]