From:
BEAU BANNERMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1992 19:44:03 -0400
Hi all...

I am just writing in reply to Nancy's ignorant postings about
me which didn't include my name, but did include the names
of my ferrets and references to me.

[I wish to apologize.  I should have caught Nancy's message
and suggested that she speak directly to you, or not at all.
But now that Nancy got a chance to speak, I have no choice
at all.]

I live in Massachusetts and have worked long and hard to get
ferrets legalized here (and I am still working at it!)  I
graduated in May and moved to an apartment that does not allow
pets...  this proved to be a problem that I could not overcome,
because not only did I have pets, but I had illegal pets.
Instead of risk the chance of losing them to state confiscation
(which would not have meant that they would be put down, but I
would not be assured of who they went to and what became of them)
and risk the chance of being thrown out I chose to give them up.

This decision was obviously not taken lightly, but it was easy in
the sense that I felt it was best for them.  I am a consultant with
a data processing consultant firm and work long hours and being in
an apartment I would not be able to allow them free roam due to
wall to wall carpets (my guys loved to shred carpets) and such
(like alone roommates).  I brought them to Ann and Vanessa Gruden
who run FACT (of Connecticut) and are very good friends on mine so
that they could be placed.  Two of my guys, Marius and Magnus got
placed with the daughter of a CT veterinarian (which made be very
happy) and Gabrielle and Lestat were sent to a Mid-Atlantic shelter
(I believe with the Benner's and Lehigh Valley).

How Nancy can say that I gave them up because I lost interest is
beyond reason.  Obviously she must have been told that, but she
knows my what my account is and could have written to confirm it
rather than blurt out completely false and unverified information.
I was really upset to read her message because we used to write daily
up until her sister's unfortunate accident (which understandably
left her unable to worry about keeping up with letter writing) and
I am also upset that someone supplied her with this information.  I
have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours trying to get ferrets
legalized in MA and I was quite devoted to my four guys and will miss
them always.

Beau