Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1992 14:56:19 -0500
Today I've performed an experiment.

We've always wondered how my ferrets know when a car trip is
over. When we start, they scratch at the cage's door, but only a
short while, then they sleep or just look out, and then we're
close to my or my parents' home, they start at the door again.

Do they know how long it is supposed to take, can they use their
sense of smell to recognize an area or do they know the way?
Today, we used an other driver (me), another route. This route
passes through to areas where the speed limit is 30 km/h -- and
at those places they wanted out of the cage, and calmed down when
we speeded up again.

Simple, but I didn't think of it before.
--
 Urban Fredriksson   [log in to unmask]  ([log in to unmask])
 "Failure requires effort. That's why some people never fail." -Bengt Anderberg