A lady brought in a three-year-old black female ferret this evening into
the pet store I work in. Kirk was there and fell in love with her, so we
brought her home (the Terrible Three becomes the Horrible Four...*sigh*).
She's quite sweet, her names is Tia, and I don't believe she's really
every been around other ferrets, because they quite scared her, although
she's been quite spunky about the whole deal.
Here's the major concern...Phil asked the lady if she had her shots...not
which ones, not when they were last given or anything like that...just if
she had had them. With this total lack of information, when should we
give her her distemper and rabies shots? Should we wait a month? A
couple weeks? Six months? I really need some advice on this one.
We've had our other three all on heartworm medication for the past couple
months now, since we live next to a mosquito swamp and heartworm is on the
rise in Colorado (although not serious yet). Dr. Bock perscribed 0.1 mgs
for each fuzzy. That sound like an OK dosage to everyone? Not that I
doubt Dr. Bock, but I'm just not sure it matches up with what everyone
else has suggested.
[log in to unmask]
Meet my pets. The ferrets (Taz, Coffee, and Daphne), the gerbils (26
permanent residents and various babies), the zebra mouse (Racer), the rats
(ten of them), the bird (Sky), and the fish (various).
[Posted in FML issue 1228]