Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FERRET-SEARCH Home

FERRET-SEARCH  October 2011

FERRET-SEARCH October 2011

Buck-A-Month Club Reminder

Joanne Werstlein for SOS <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:18:09 -0700

text/plain

It's time to remind you about Buck-A-Month Club (BaM)!

As you know I had set a goal to reach $2000 by the end of 2011. We are
about $500.00 away from meeting that goal!!!

$12.00 a year from every person on the FML, yahoo group, ferret owner,
ferret lover... anyone! WE CAN DO IT! Or you can set it up on your
billpay ... $1, 5 10, 20 a month and just forget about it... it goes
out of your account and because it's a low amount you don't even notice
it. Of course you can set it for ANY amount you want it.

Sooo... since we are in October....Did you send in your donations for
Buck-A-Month Club? You did? Well Congrats! Hmmm I think I see some of
you staring at the computer confused going "what in the world is this
person talking about?!".... Ok ok.... soooooooo let me explain.... for
those that don't know... or those that don't remember... or those that
need this time to write the check and find an envelope...... yes, you
can take the envelope back from the ferret ---- and no, you cannot ask
the ferret to lick the stamp for you because you won't get it back in
a useable shape! :-)

About 9 years ago is when it all started... with such a simple
suggestion... send Support our Shelter (SOS) $1.00 a month. One little
dollar... that doesn't sound so bad... and when you think that $1.00
is still worth the same in this "club" as it was 9 years ago - thats
pretty BIG news! We decided to call it... the Buck-A-Month Club. You
didn't have to be rich to be in the club. ANYONE could join the club...
ferrets, kids, cats, dogs... shoot... even FISH... and whoever else
could come up with a dollar a month!

In 2002 I wrote: "Think of what that money would mean to all of the
shelters out there? $1.00 a month won't break you. You wouldn't even
know it was gone. " This STILL holds true. I have a certain amount that
I do a billpay for and I don't even notice that it's gone each month...
because what I send in is still less than what I could buy ONE lunch
for!

We have several people that just pay for the whole year at once.
$12.00... and we have several others who send in their money monthly
as they get it. You can send in $1.00 at a time... or more!

You can use PayPal or do BillPay from your bank and not have to think
about it again....but of course you can STILL donate more if you want!

Be sure you include your name for SOS Honor Roll! We also need your
address so that we can mail you your Membership Card (see below for
details)

TOTAL RAISED FOR BaM August- $167.00
TOTAL RAISED FOR BaM September- $230.00

TOTAL FUNDS RAISED SO FAR FOR 2011: $1,507.50  --- goal is $2000

Our Current Buck-A-Month Club Members for 2011 58 Members:
Fran Brown, Nancy Busso, Michelle Chastain, Marie-Agnes Compagny,
Darlene Connon, Denise Craft, William Davison, Jackie DeCarlo, Angela
Dixon, Stephanie Downs, Mary Jo Dullum, Priscilla Gabrielle, Rose
German, Trena Girouard, Deena Haner, Mindy Harvey, Jackie Hawley,
Angela Havens, Mary Hogan, Kitty Hollerith, Larry Houmard, Robin
Jones,Tracy Kilmer, Anna King, Dawna Kraus, Marilyn Ledoux, Christi
Lorenzo, Nancy Mitchell, Elizabeth S. Nelson, Angela Neiswenter, Lacey
Neiswenter, Pokey Neiswenter, Garry Pritchard, Carol Owens, Heather
Pitman, Penny Potter, Maren Qualls, Mildred Sanders, Nancy Sanders,
Cindy Scheidt, J. Scheer, Tracy Schmidt, Jennifer Schober, Lori Sies,
Marsha Stanek, Brenda Steinfurth, Howard, Storms, Dianna Stover, Cathy
Strobach, Debra m. Van De Water, Roger Vaughn, Dr. Bob Wagner, Joanne
Werstlein, Helen Wojciechowski, Brenda Zupko, Linda Zerillo, Zoo's
Ferret Sanctuary

If you don't see your name on here - PLEASE LET ME KNOW!.

Now... here is the pretty cool part... a couple years ago... we started
to send out a BaM Membership Card to people paying their membership
"dues" for that year. We have continued that each year - and this year
is no different. The January Membership cards for those that just paid
in January are in the mail today!... not only do you get to help SOS
help shelters around the world... but you get a cute card for doing it
to show that you are a member of a Special Club.

If you would like to "join" please send a check or money to: (Make the
check out to Support Our Shelters)

BaM
C/O Support Our Shelters
5511 Canteria Court
Sierra Vista, AZ  85635

or pay through PayPal (if paying through PayPal please send for the
full year).
Tax-Deductible Donations accepted through PayPal:
(if you can't see the email link here it is with a space put in it
BAM @ Supportourshelters.org) make sure to put your mailing address
and name if doing paypal so I know who to send the card to

Please send all donations in US$. Friends outside the US can send
money orders or use PayPal, which will convert their currency for
them if they select US$ as the currency to be sent.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Joanne Werstlein
http://www.supportourshelters.

Feel free to crosspost to other groups!