From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1992 11:59:28 -0400
Hello again, this is Chere McCoy, President Ferret Friends of Indian
River County (we are a chartered chapter of the AFA).  We have now placed
another Ferret in a loving home - granted I had to drive 3 hours to
Miami to the Miami Ferret Club to procure a Ferret for a family who
had lost theirs but it was well worth it - Ferret and new family are
doing well.  I want all of you to know that the Miami Ferret Club is one
heck of a great organization - You should see their set up. someday
FFIRC will have  set up that nice.  On to more infor.  Anyone with
directions on building cages who is willing to share their information
please send it here or to Ferret Friends of Indian River County % Chere
McCoy,  8775 20th Street, Lot 614, Vero Beach, Florida 32966.  Also
anyone in a 150 mile radius of Vero Beach who needs assistance with
abandonded ferrets feel free to call 407-567-0994 - we can come and
retrieve the ferret and find a good for he/she.  We are now an official
shelter - so if you know of a ferret that needs help - feel free to call
us - we have an answering machine so if we are not in PLEASE leave a
message.   All of you out there in Florida remenber it's very hot
down here in Florida now and all ferrets should be kept inside in the
air conditioning.  DO NOT LEAVE YOUR FERRET OUT SIDE IN THIS HOT
WEATHER - THEY WILL DIE OF HEAT STROKE.  Ferrets cannot tolerate
 temperatures over 90 degrees.  Enough for now.  Thanks beforehand
to anyone willing to give us instruction for cage building