From:
Robbin Huls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1992 14:13:50 -0400
Because one of my ferrets has been consistently mean to the other non-human,
non-ferret members of the household, I have found her another home with
someone who has 1 ferret and no other pets.  His is a female 4 years old.
His 7+ year old male recently died of cancer.  Cocoa is also a 4 year old
female and has gotten along with my other ferrets and the ferrets of friends
that have been brought together to play.  When Al introduced Cocoa to his
Rockette, they have fought to the point of squealing louder than his two
did when play fighting.  He said that Cocoa looks afraid of Rockette.  He
has been keeping Cocoa in a cage and putting them together when he is there
to referee.

I'd like to hear of people's experiences at introducing new ferrets to the
family and what you did if there was fighting.  I realize that their skin
is tough, but their teeth are also sharp!  I don't want to continue trying
to introduce them if they are going to hurt each other.  Any advice or
commiseration will be greatly appreciated.

On the flip side, Jester and Tux do not even seem to notice that Cocoa
is gone.  Do y'all think they're as oblivious as they seem?  They kind
of remind me of that cartoon character that walks around saying "Yup,
yup, yup." all the time. :-)

TTFN, Robbin ([log in to unmask])