From:
Empire Operating Inc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:36:59 -0500
Hello fellow FMl'rs,

Well, after Easter I stocked up on those plastic Easter Eggs.  My Fuzzies
like to go Raisin Dunkin in the Bath Tub.  I put some raisins in some water
in one of those rectangular rubber maid dishes in the bath tub.  Well, the
fuzz butts had just finished dunkin the last raisin one day, looked up at
me as if to say, "Is that all?" I really thought they had had enough
raisins so I got this bright idea to throw some of those plastic Easter
Eggs in the container.  Oscar just looked at them.  Then, all of a sudden,
in went his head underneath one of the eggs & out FLEW the egg.  Oscar
began batting the egg around the bath tub.  Pretty soon Shorty & Wichita
joined him.  I mean it REALLY looked like a soccer game going on in the
tub.  Oscar would nose the egg down the straight away & Shorty would slip
his paw in & bat it away.  Wichita ran back & forth trying to get his two
paws worth.  It was so entertaining to watch this.  I sat there for over
twenty minutes watching The Fuzz Butt Soccer Game.  But alas, the game had
to end.  All three were pretty pooped.  Not sure who the winner was, but
Oscar probably scored the most goals.

Now for an idea you might try if you have a deaf fuzzy.  I discovered this
by shear accident.  I was holding Oscar, (he's deaf), one day like I always
do.  I went into the bathroom to get something out of the medicine cabinet.
Of course like most medicine cabinets, there is a mirror on the outside of
the door.  I was holding Oscar tight up to my cheek & talking away to him
even though he can't hear me, he can feel the vibrations of my voice.  All
of a sudden I noticed that Oscar was very intensly looking into the mirror.
So, I began talking to him.  He would look at us in the mirror, then turn
to look at me direct, turn back & look at us in the mirror.  He seemed like
he was just a steading away at what was going on.  Kind of like the light
came on.  Mamma is talking to me.  When her mouth moves like that, she's
saying something to me.  This has become an everyday event with us.  I am
also incorporating the sign language I've taught him with my mouth
movement.  Now, if an outsider ever sees this going on, they're gonna think
I'm nuts.  And of course they would be right!  Nuts about my fuzz butts!!!
Anyway, for those of you who have a deaf fuzzy, you might try this.  It
seems to help Oscar understand that I'm communicating with HIM.

Well this was long but I just had to share.  Gotta go check on my E-mail
pal in SC.  Hi Beth!

Terri, Whichita, Oscar, Shorty, & in loving memory of & we will never
forget you, Junior