From:
Iceland Boy! <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1993 00:42:48 -0400
I've become quite confused about the practice of descenting among ferret
owners.  On the one hand, I had believed that it was a common practice, to
be done right along with spaying and neutering.  But now, I've heard more
and more that it should be done "only if absolutely nescessary".  Hmmmm..
Which is it?  Is it devided pretty much 50%-50% among owners?  Speaking
personally, I don't think I'd mind the smell a bit (uh... my roommate might,
though ;-)  but I also don't want to have to worry about scent gland
infections, which I've heard are quite common among non-descented animals.
Does anyone have any input on this?  Thanks :)

-Seth
========Seth J. [log in to unmask]
This sig does not say anything important.  Great pride
has been taken to assure that the reader will find no
exciting or interesting information here.  Thank you for
reading this sig.  ---   Sincerely, Seth J. Morabito.