From:
"edman (Ed Atlee)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 12:13:21 EDT
JOY!!!  Goose has, so far, come through his adrenal surgery A-OK!!  Dance,
dance, dook!!!  His left adrenal was ~1.2 cm diam, which Dr.  K.  says is
about *6 times* normal!  Anyway, hes doing good, but is *really* bruised on
practically his whole belly, the tech who brought him out said it was more
bruising than usual; I guess just like some people bruise easily, so do
some ferret- people.  Anyway, I'm just wondering if anybody who's been
there could tell me how long before the bruising goes away?

The day he was gone (Tuesday), Annie, (~9 mo.  old MF sable female), who has
been with him since she was about 6 wks., just laid around, sleeping, even
when she got up she wouldn't really play and soon went back to sleep.  Of
course, since he came home Tuesday night, they've been in separate cages w/
separate playtimes, and of course Annie's been all over his cage, and of
course they touch noses through the wire, it's heartbreaking, but cute!

Well, he's still got some recovering to do, but I thought the list could use
some good news =)

Ed Atlee
Goose (That's it, I am *NOT* going back to that place, uh-uh!!!)
Anastasia (Can Goose come out & play???)
Maggie the Labrador (they're all the same, they start with a thermometer,
and the next time they knock you out, and you wake up with a sore belly!!!)

A P.S. in the good news dept. - Dr. Kupersmith said that other than the
(now removed) left adrenal and a slightly enlarged spleen, Goose's internals
looked A-OK; right adrenals fine, no signs of pancreatic problems, etc...
Not bad for a 6-yr old!