From:
Mike Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:47:09 -0400
>From:    "Amy ." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Heartworm/Vacs
>
>Heartworm could easily be prevented without using preventatives in alot
>of cases.  Don't take your ferrets outside during peak mosquito time,
>etc...

At the symposium in Atlanta, I believe Dr. Kemmerer said that a lot
of the heartworm positive ferrets she sees have NEVER been outdoors.
So keeping your ferrets indoors is not necessarily a good method of
prevention if you're in an area that has heartworm and mosquitos, which
is just about everywhere.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-385-6750
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
*