From:
Howard Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:23:20 -0400
Information posted on the FML yesterday on status of the rabies shedding
studies does not jibe in all respects with the latest word we have from Dr.
Charles Rupprecht at CDC.

According to Dr. Rupprecht, the original 6-part plan has been condensed to
4: fox, skunk, raccoon, and bat.  The "observation" phase of the raccoon
test is just this month being completed, and analyzing the results will
probably take until near the end of the year.  The bat study has not yet
begin.  No decision has yet been made on whether to subdivide the bat study
into sequential studies of different bat strains, and nobody has yet
committed to funding the bat studies, though I believe Morris may be
considering it.

Howard Davis
League of Independent Ferret Enthusiasts