Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:34:41 -0800
Im looking for a little insight from the more experinced ferrer owner
on the FML . Last month I took my 2 year old male in for his year check
up and shots and the vet noticed he had lost 4 oz. since his visit last
year. He asked me if his eating habits or over all health had changed
and my answer was no the vet said ok just keep and eye on on it and we
will just bring him once a month and check his weight. Well brought him
in this month and hes lost another oz. Im totally stumped there has
been no change in his eating habits , normal poops. Hes still as active
as ever!

My Vet has said he wants to do exploritory surgery but do I want to
jump into that kind of surgery if hes till acting normal?

I have also wondered if the weight loss might be attributed to the
changes that occured this year , he lost a cage mate ( old age) , lost
2 fosters he would play with and we moved to a new house ( but the
ferrets now have thier own room). when I brought this up to the vet he
seemed to ignore it. Should I try chicken gravy as a supplement maybe
try and put more weight on him? I really want surgery to be the last
resort but my vet seems anxious to go that route.

Need someother opinions,
Michelle