Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:54:11 -0500
Today I had to bury my friend...Taggert.

He was the best Pet Therapy ferret there ever was.  I have strived to train
another one to be as sweet, but it came natural to him.

He came to us as a rambunctious baby at 7 weeks old & started his Pet
Therapy the very next week.

Children of any age could hold him (under my strict supervision of
course!).  He was a hit at the 2 Humane Society Summer Camps this year.

One day at a local nursing home, an elderly lady in a wheel chair wanted to
hold the "kitty".  I explained that he was a ferret, but she insisted that
he was the nicest kitty she ever held.  Along came another lady in a chair,
demanding to hold the kitty too.  Pretty soon one had him by the head & the
other by the rump & tail, both of them pulling back & forth & screeching
that he was her kitty!  I was afraid that not only were they going to pull
him apart, but he was going to bite them.  He was so good...not a peep!
It was only a few seconds, and as my heart pounded I gently took him
back..."no, MY kitty!".  He trained himself to stay in a lap if a baby
blanket was under him.  What a wonder-boy!

That was Taggert for you...a true gentleman.

Taggert, I'll see you again one day.

A very sad,
Jeanine Brawn of the
Ferret Resue at Mutt Management