From:
Marc Lavergne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 06:20:35 -0500
-- [ From: Marc Lavergne * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Bob church wrote about the two hobs:
>I placed them in "In-plain-sight" quarantine--in a cage so they can get
>accquainted with the others through the cage bars, but unable to draw blood.

That is an excellent measure.  According to my experience, it is essential
to keep an eye on aggressive ferrets when they are caged.  Two of my females
will attack my other four ferrets if given a chance.  About three weeks ago,
they were asleep in their cage and, contrary to what I do usually, I left
them in their cage while I let the others out.  A few minutes later, I heard
Pepe scream and I checked on them.  Pepe looked weird and had blood in her
mouth.  Sanka had bitten her tongue through the cage: It was obviously
painful!

Lorraine Tremblay & Pepe La Pew, Presto, Boum Boum, Snoreau, Sanka & Mukluk