From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:14:20 -0500
I was reading the responses about the ferret smell and I just thought I'd
mention my favorite little machine.  It's a Bissell spot lifter.  Great
for when the ferts knock over you beverage or when they decided to potty
outside the litterbox.  It's cordless so you can take it anywhere and
just a nifty little thing to have handy.  I know it's helped me keep the
carpet upstairs smelling good.  I also have purchased a handheld vacume
for cleaning up the little messes.  (ferret food on the floor- litter of
tne floor, my food on the floor... sigh... it never ends does it!)

I was reading the water bottle advice and wondering what the best way to
clean them is?  My ferts have a water bowl upstairs that they use, but
have two watter bottles in the cage.  They spend so little time in the
cage that sometimes one of us will take them out of the cage and forget
to empty the water out of the bottles... several weeks later, when they
finally return to the cage, I find I end up spending ages scrubbing the
bottles just in case any bacteria might have invaded.  (working in the
medical field I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive about things like germs and
icky stuff...) I'm thinkin go f just switching to bowls in the cage- but
the thought scares me.  last time I left them in the cage for 12 hours
(how horrible of me - I know...LOL) and when I got home from work there
was litter all over the cage, outside the cage and across the floor of
the computer room.  (must have been a compteition between the two to see
who could knock it out further...) So I'm not sure I should try the bowl
thing in there... I don't want to imagine the mess I'd have on my hands!

I read in the latest FML that someone uses the liquid fabric softener for
the ferts bedding.  I've always been hesitant to use it (for no specific
reason) I just didn't know if it was OK.  So I just thought I'd double
check- I use the liquid downey for us, just wanting to make sure it's ok
for their stuff as well.

About human food.  one of mine LOVES PB&J.  It's a very rare treat
(only gets the teeniest piece though...little dime sized sandwich.
It's a riot.)