From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:57:54 -0700
I received an email from a woman in Austin, TX who has to find a new home
for her 2 ferrets.  If anyone is interested in them, please contact me and
I will forward your information to her.  Here are the details:

Oscar & Pip are 3 yo sable/black sable males and have been cagemates all
their lives.

Food: Science Diet Feline Maintenance (Ocsar will eat just about anything,
food or not.  Pip rarely eats anything besides his food)

Habits:

*Pip chews on things especially shoes or anything leather.  Pip also has a
strange attraction to matches.  They are both rather large and Pip can jump
very high.  He often bouces right on top of our coffee table.  He does bite
(not hard) if he is not paid enough attention.  He would not be good in a
home with very small children but I think he'd be ok with kids over 4or 5.

*Oscar is a lick, lick, chomp ferret. He is also the dominant ferret,
although he is smaller.

Neither are litter trained, but are very good about returning to their cage
to use the bathroom.  They have lived in 3 different apartments and we have
never lost any deposit money due to them.  They adjust to new homes pretty
quickly.

They are so sweet and curious.  Both really enjoy drinking out of your
drink and we've allowed them to do it.  They love to sit on your shoulder
and drink out of your cup.

Vaccinations: Neither are up to date on distemper.  They have both had only
one shot.  They rarely go outside, but love it when they do.  They have had
rabies vaccinations though.  They are rarely around dogs or cats but we've
never had any problems

Oscar contracts colds from humans easily and should probably not be handled
by anyone with a cold.  He has almost died twice but bounces back quickly.
He's a trooper.

I think they would love a house with kids.  They have endless energy.

Supplies: They have a metal, 3-story cage that needs a new tray in the
bottom.  They have hundreds of toys, a carrier, and leashes.  They both
have favorite toys.  Whoever is willing to take them can have it all.

She does have the shelter listing for Texas if needed, but figured to try
and bypass the shelter route if possible.

Mary and the gang of 19....

Mary McCarty-Houser
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
Director, Centre County Branch