From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 23:38:02 -0800
Dear FML,
Please read the following; I am providing a copy of the Chronicle's post,
in case it should disappear.  www.daily-chronicle.com

The article gives more than great credence to ferret
"Collectiing/Hoarding" it gives the abusers/supporters a tax write-off.

The public should see it nothing more than the CAT houses we have read
of, the PUPPY mills we have read of, and I certainly hope that this
community sees the proprietary need to stop this woman and her ferret
hoarding.  Please read her website and see that many of these ferrets
were purchased by her, adopted from other shelters.
http://strobachyzoo.tripod.com/

Yet, she has qualified herself to see 56 plus ferrets' care at taxpayer's
expense.  She refuses to adopt.  Yet, we, as taxpayers are now called
upon to not only pay for her hoarding, but she is enabled per 501(c)3 to
give receipts to those that surrender for the cost of the ferret, and
it's accessories, as well as tax deductions to those who support her need
to hoard ferrets.  As stated so eloquently in this article, Cathy/akaZoo,
refuses to adopt.  She mentions in the article that she has "Detractors".
I proudly admit, I am one.  ...Anyone else in opposition of ferret
Collecting?  The article in the CHRONICLE, sets animal rescue back, any
species, 50 years.

It validates: That you can take into your home, purchase from a breeder
or petshop, purchase from EBay or the classified ads, adopt from another
shelter or rescue entity....and call yourself a Sanctuary.  Apply and
receive from the Federal Govt 501(c)3 status.  Which gives you as the
Sanctuary Warden, all the incredible tax deductions.  Hell, all your
Christmas cards and the Post Office stamps are now at the expense of tax
payers.  Everything it takes to see your Sanctuary animals thru their
entire lives, plus your Public Relations effort to support such, are
now at the expense of the taxpayer.  Oh,my favorite part...Those who
surrender, they get a tax receipt for their personal tax debt...The cost
of the ferret, cage, and any accessories given to the shelter...at retail
cost.  Don't ya love it!  But most of all, any CAT PERSON, PUPPY MILL,
has now been validated by the CHRONICLE.

OH PLEASE, write this reporter that put Zoo up as a "FERRET GODDESS"\\
Rob Carroll has been a featured reporter for the Daily Chronicle since
August 2000.  Phone: (877) 688-4841, Ext. 223.  E-mail:

(ILLINOIS) Sincerely, Barbara Clay Director of Shelter Affairs
Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter Parkton, Maryland

 ---
Here is the CHRONICLE as it pertains to Zoo's Ferret Sanctuary:

********************
News Woman with nickname 'Zoo' runs ferret sanctuary in her own home

Cathy Strobach, head of Zoo's Ferret Sanctuary in Kirkland, holds one of
her 56 ferrets in the "ferret room."Chronicle photo -- DON VAUGHAN

By Rob Carroll -- Staff Writer KIRKLAND

-- Take one trip to Cathy Strobach's home and you'll find out how she
has earned the nickname "Zoo." For the record, she has three dogs, three
rabbits, a couple of chickens and an emu.  Oh, by the way, she also has
56 ferrets in a room adjoined to her kitchen...

[Moderator's note: Remainder of article deleted due to copyright
restrictions.  BIG]

We as ferret lover's support her?
We are taxpayer's support this practice?