From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 21:04:28 -0500
The rain has finally cleared from the land of Clan McFarlane, and once
again the ferrets gather to speak.  Mookie has cleared his throat, Bilbo,
the Druid Ferret beside him.  Clan!  Has come to our attention tha the
Sukie Creature and the Oracle might be workin' towards a state of
agreement between ourselves and the other clans.  Tis said the Oracle
ate some mushroom (much spitting and yeching noises from many of Clan
McFarlane) and tis a vision she's had.  She's seen the great, mystical
White Ranger!  (ooohing comes from the gathered crowd).

All during this, though, Arwyn and Eowyn continue to circle the clan,
keeping them safe.  But, Master Mookie, a tiny voice comes from the
gathering, what about the shape shifter who has arrived amongst us?
Hermoine, me dear, tis all right.  The Shifter will keep an eye on all,
knowing that the Oracle and the Sukie Creature will be watching also.
We wilna interfere with all these meeting, unless someone threatens our
Oracle!

Two of the newest clan members, Elrond and Haldir, have been standing
somewhat apart, and as Mookie says this, the air shimmers, shifting like
heat across the summer road.  A soft voice says: Great Mookie, I shall
follow all orders from you and Bilbo, and shall not interfere.  Nor shall
anyone be able to detect me.  Both Mookie and Bilbo incline their heads
in the area of the shimmer, and suddenly, it is gone.  Mookie opens his
mouth to speak, and Bilbo suddenly chuckles.  Mugwort, laddie, dinna be
sneakin' up behind me like that-tis getting yerself a thumpin' ye'll be
havin.  Mugwort comes out from under the mown grass, with as sheepish a
look as a ferret can have.  Mookie gives him a stern glance, and Hermoine
giggles.  Harumph, says Mookie.  Now, before I was so rudely interrupted
by such shennanigans.  Tis heard I have that our dearest Oracle had
somethin' on called a thong, and she was gettin' a wedgie from it!  So,
we must be sending her a wedgie protector!  Tis only fitting that we
entrust Spunky and Misty to be getting' this ta her.  I've heard that
there be two lassies, Hurricane Lilly and Switch the Kit, who drive a
green tractor, I dinna know if they be willin' ta help or not, but ye
must check wi' them, either that or we send it by cat-apult.  One way or
the other, we must be gettin' this ta our dear Oracle!  In tha meantime,
Spike-be warmin' up tha warpipes laddie, get the tunes a playin', get
the paint ready for our faces.

As Mookie finishes speaking he hears Hermoine, Mugwort, Elrond, Haldir,
and a few of the others singing thong, thong, thonga thong-the Oracles
got a thong!  He shakes his head, bumps Bilbo and the gathering slowly
dissolves, although Eowyn and Arwyn are still rushing hither and yon,
checking out all noises to protect their clan.

Recorded by:

Highland Rebecca for the Clan McFarlane Ferrets, aka Rebecca & the Crew
of Merry Mayhem

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"