Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 09:05:15 -0400
A few days ago, a notice was posted here about a found ferret in Maryland.
I got in touch with the people who found the little guy, planning to give
him a home until a permanent family could be found.  I got in touch with the
people who found the ferret on Wendsday night.  While I was asking about the
ferrets health, I realized the little one had been living outside!  I jumped
in the car, and went to get him right away.

When I got there, I found the situation to be worse then I thought.  The
ferret (called Freddie by the finders) had been living inbetween the siding
and the wall of the house.  According to the people, he followed them around
in the yard, and had been comming back to his home and food for a week.  He
was nowhere to be found when I was there to take him inside.  After an hour
of searching, we gave up, hoping that he would come back to his food like he
had been doing.  The next day he still hadn't shown up, so we left food and
a carrier in case he did.

I feel really bad about this.  These people had _no clue_ that ferrets
shouldn't live outside unrestricted.  I can only hope now that he shows up
back at the people feeding him, his real home or somewhere else friendly.

--Lela
along with Gwydeon, Circe, Mythral and Carrie