From:
"Sonam D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:05:42 -0400
Hi all,

In June, for the first time in 20 years, I will be moving into an apartment
with window air from a home with central air.  I'm worried about my ferts
getting heat stroke while I'm at work ( I live in NJ where there can be
weeks of 90 degree weather), and wanted to ask those who have window
air-conditioners how they handle it.

I work 12 hour days: I could leave the a/c on all day, but I have no doubt
that my electric bill will be astronomical, and I'm looking for other
solutions.  And BTW, what is the temperature at which ferts will suffer?
85?

In any event - would the breeze from a powerful all-apartment fan be of any
help?  Has anyone had any luck with an air-conditioner timer (say 2 hours
on, 2 hours off?).  Any other suggestions?

Please email me directly: [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Sonam Dasara