From:
Erin Kydd {{FREAK}} <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 07:59:22 -0500
I understand and appreciate your point of veiw from the other side of the
situation.  I but it still doesn't ease anything.  I see it this way, I
have had friends who have worked at petstores and they have told me about
takeing them out after hours and such.  But my point was not so much the
dog not waking up but the infected cut over his eye and that gave me reason
to believe he was sick, and not so much as to how the ferrets weren't
acting but how many to a cage for the space they were given thats enouph
for maybe two ferrets and they had just about 14 in there and in a bed of
wood shavings (which isn't good for them).  I am not dissing all petstores
nor their employees, just this one.  I have been to many where I would buy
animals from, worry free matter of fact my first fuzzie was a petstore
baby so to speak.  But this one was not the one I would recomend to anyone.
Plus me or anyone going into a store and protesting animal cruelity
wouldn't make anything better, Educating them on how things should be taken
care of such as the ferrets is a good thing.  Plus not many people really
know how they should be taken care of.The way I see it its like they are
taken care of them like they would do any other of their rodents or
something like that.  They have only been legal in the state for a few
years anyhow and they are new (so to speak) to some petstores around here.