From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 16:57:29 -0500
Meltdown is here.  We will just let her take her time as she needs.  Today
her vet referred to her as "living the life of Cleopatra: carried
everywhere, special foods, several changes of bedding (and paper) each day,
perfume, slaves...".

Steve and I used to have to put the level of care into Ruffle that 2 to 4
(depending on where her health and learning were at any time) normally take.
After Meltdown does pass on we would like to think in terms of adding kits
but having at least one have serious handicaps (behavioral and/or
non-terminal health ones), so at that point we would appreciate if folks
just kept that in mind for if they run into a special little kit who needs
doting care.  Though it sounds horrid we don't want a ferret which is likely
to die within 1997 for two reasons: we are strung out emotionally with what
1996 brought for Ruffle and Meltdown, and because I might be needing some
operations and Steve KNOWS that I will place an ill ferret's care before my
own.  Since I might need eye surgeries this could have some pretty nasty
consequences.  (Also, Steve is very worried about worrying that we could
face losing two the same year even in 1998.  Both Meltie and Ruffers have
always had extra special places in our hearts; you understand how it feels.)

It's a bit early, but here's a wish that 1997 will be wonderful year for
everyone here.

Sukie