From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:11:36 -0400
When an adrenal is inoperable: Joanne, please, consider Lupron Depot as
well as Melatonin.  One of my hopes for all of the U.S. shelters out
there is that the approval for Suprelorin, which has been used and tested
elsewhere, get pretty rapid approval here because it is very affordable,
though to be honest with you if your vet has enough ferret patients to
process his own Lupron from a large purchase then the cost winds up being
very affordable for most.

This write-up will interest you:
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/adrenal.htm
and will Mike Janke's melatonin article there and I suggest looking up
melatonin posts and Lupron Posts from AFERRETVET in the FHL Archives
(addy below my name)

Fleas: for those asking about fleas here is a vet write up that is a
few years old but may be useful.  I don't have time to read it now, but
things from Susan Brown tend to be good to read:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=492&S=1&SourceID=43

Here is an interesting paper from Veterinary Toxicology:
http://www.ivis.org/advances/Beasley/Cpt6b/ivis.pdf

The Tick (the one with human actors instead of the cartoon: They
are commercially available in a 2 DVD set from Sony which covers all
episodes.  Look for a case which is in the same blue as the Tick's
costume.  The title is "The Tick, the Entire Series".  Great for a lot
of laughs and for noticing how much like a ferret the Tick himself can
be. (Ferrets would LOVE to have his expressive antennae. ;-) ) It works
great on my Mac, so if you can play DVDs on your computer you are set
while you don't have a TV.  Just for laughs I even checked, and yes,
they do even have it at Netflix.

-- Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives