From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 23:05:28 -0800
>From:    Erika Matulich <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: PETA and Ferret Legalization

PETA being anti-ferret should not be a surprise.  They hate ALL domestic
animals, considering them slaves.  They want ferrets to become extinct
along with all other domestic animals.

They are very clear on this position.  One generation and out.  Same as
HS/US really.  Ferrets can not reproduce in the wild.  And no breeding of
ferrets is ethical so ferrets should be extinct.

http://www.peta-online.org/cmp/crcafs19.html
    Companion Animals: Pets or Prisoners?

    [...]
    But it is also important to stop manufacturing "pets," thereby
    perpetuating a class of animals forced to rely on humans to survive.
    [...]
    In light of these tragic statistics, no breeding can be considered
    "responsible."
    [...]

The HS/US has the same opinion, no breeding of domestic ferrets.

http://www.hsus.org/programs/companion/overpopulation/op_fs.html

    [...]
    Can I Breed My Pet if I Find Homes for All the Offspring?
    NO.
    [...]

If you like having pet ferrets do not support PeTA but instead chose one
of the animal WELFARE organizations to support.  PeTA wants you prevent
you from having ferrets for the rest of your life.  But they would be glad
to have your money in the mean time.

bill (though diane agrees)
--
bill and diane killian