From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 05:31:15 -0700
Here's what we found during the necropsy:

- Lucy's kidneys were enlarged, esp the left one, and were dark and
  congested.

- Her pancreas was completely free of discernable lumps and was dark
  at the periphery but not within.

- Her lungs were dark and congested, perhaps from struggling at the end.

- All of her other organs that we looked at were normal, including her
  heart and intestines

I hear this is completely compatible w real failure, and that failure
was probably a result of the GI infection she'd had.

Her GI problem was much milder than that of the other ferrets who died,
and their kidneys were normal. But maybe she had a different infection.

Does anyone have other possibilities for what this was?

Do we ever need diagnostic facilities!