From:
Grace Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1993 21:46:00 -0500
> My wife and I are planning a visit to California this summer for about
> 1 week.  I know ferrets are illegal in CA. to own, are they also banned
> as visitors?  We can board our two while we are gone, but my wife hates
> to leave them to go to work.  A week away from them will be hell.  Will
> CA. issue temporary visas?  What kind of risk are we running if we take
> them along?  Thanks for any info you can provide.

So far as I know, they won't let you take them in. I doubt you'd be
able to get a permit, although I could be wrong... you could try and
call CA Fish and Game (without giving them your name!) and see what
they say.

I've gone out the borders both north and south, and on the way back
in, they always ask 'do you have an ferrets or fruit...' and a few
other things that you aren't allowed to bring in. So don't pack lots
of fresh fruit, either...

                   *Tigger*

[And if you're caught with the ferret, they'll confiscate it.]